|Posted on September 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM|
Application Due: November 15, 2012
Description: The unique scholarships awarded by the Folds of Honor Foundation are intended to offset the rising costs of post-secondary tuition and fees, textbooks, room and board, course-required tools, approved tutoring, and other school-related expenses. Scholarships can be used immediately, or can be held with the Foundation on behalf of young children until their time of enrollment.
Eligibility: Applicants must be the spouse or dependent of:
• An active duty or reserve soldier, sailor, airman, Marine or Coast Guardsman killed or disabled in the line of duty.
• An active duty or reserve soldier, sailor, airman, Marine or Coast Guardsman currently classified as a POW or MIA.
• A veteran who died of any cause after being classified as having a service-connected disability.
• A service member missing in action or captured by hostile forces in the line of duty.
• A service member forcibly detained or interned by a foreign power in the line of duty.
• A service member who received a Purple Heart Medal.