|Posted on March 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM|
• $1,000 award to one student who is pursuing either a Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in Special Education.
• Applications must be postmarked no later than March 31.
Every applicant will be considered regardless of financial need. Criteria include:
• Nomination by a P. Buckley Moss Society member (brief letter from nominator stating relationship is optional).
• Completion of a minimum of two years of undergraduate work. Transcripts must be provided to verify this.
• Proof of acceptance into a specific program to teach special needs students, i.e., letter from a counselor, dean, or administrator.
• Two letters of recommendation, one academic and one personal (not from a relative).
• A short essay detailing school/community/work activities and achievements.
• An essay of 250-500 words discussing career goals, teaching philosophies, reasons for choosing this career, and ways in which you plan to make a difference in the lives of special needs students.
Completed applications must be postmarked by March 31 and should be returned to the Foundation office at 152 P. Buckley Moss Drive, Waynesboro, VA 22980.
You can download a scholarship application or request one by contacting the Foundation office (540) 932-1728: